Never before has the world been so connected. And yet, as many of us look around our communities and countries, we seem increasingly divided: by identity, ideology, fear, and those trying to make us fight against each other.
It's no longer enough to speak to those who already agree with us; if we want real change, we need to speak with those who don't agree with us.
From 16-18 NOVEMBER 2018, join us in three days of global action by organising an event that brings people together across lines of division and helps to build connection and understanding.
NOT SURE OF WHAT YOUR EVENT COULD BE?
Here are a few ideas:
- a public forum featuring high-profile individuals who disagree on key issues
- a large dinner with one-on-one conversations between people of different backgrounds or perspectives
- a formal dialogue to resolve deep conflict between communities
- an event that uses music or film to gather those who normally don’t spend time together
- a private conversations between friends-of-friends using a structured guide like this one
NEED SOME INSPIRATION?
Scroll down to check out the map of events already registered, plus featured events happening in the lead up to November.
You can also view the following videos of recent initiatives to help celebrate our common humanity and find common ground:
STILL STUCK OR HAVE QUESTIONS?
Just go to our About page, fill in the contact form at the bottom, and we'll be in touch!